SEARCH CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Use this form to search calendar of events by keywords, date, time, county and industry.
|DATE / TIME||EVENTS / INDUSTRY||LOCATION|
|Oct 22, 2015-|
Oct 22, 2015
08:30AM - 10:00AM
|Planned Giving Programs |
Presented by Roy Johnston
Want to tap into a powerful source of funding for your nonprofit, a source that will build the foundation for the future stability? Many nonprofits have regular donors and faithful volunteers who have the financial resources to give significant gifts to the cause. But many are intimidated by the concepts and special language of estate planning and planned giving. This seminar is designed for the development directors, executive directors, board members, and volunteers who would like to understand the basics of a planned giving program, including:
• Why should every adult have a will?
• What’s a trust, and how does it compare to a will?
• What are the different types and levels of incapacity?
• How does incapacity affect planned giving?
• What happens when a death occurs?
• What rights does the nonprofit have as a beneficiary of the estate?
Charitable Giving Through Trusts and Estates:
• When should your donors consider planned giving?
• Lifetime giving, including direct gifts
• Charitable options when your donors have sufficient assets and income
• Charitable options when your donors are concerned about income
• What are dynasty trusts, and how can they include planned giving?
• How can foundations be an option for some families?
Roy is an attorney specializing in estate planning, trust administration, probate, elder abuse, conservatorships, real estate and business. His passion is educating and assisting the elders and their families in putting their legal affairs in order.
Currently in his 19th year of practice, Roy is past chair of the Trusts & Estates Section of the Sonoma County Bar Association and a member of the Trusts & Estates Section of the California State Bar. He is an active volunteer attorney for the Council on Aging, and is active in the Sonoma County Section on Aging and the Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council.
Roy received his Juris Doctorate from Empire College of Law, and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Wyoming. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.johnstonthomas.com
It’s one in the morning and you wake to see the red glow of fire through the window, or you’re driving in rainy conditions, and your car skids toward an oncoming car. Are you covered? Ca...
One of the oldest wineries along West Dry Creek Road in Sonoma County is A. Rafanelli Winery. Nestled on a knoll that offers a sweeping view of the valley, the rustic winery is still family-owned an...
For those in the business of wine, music can be essential to the winemaking process. This year we asked a number of notable winemakers in Napa and Sonoma counties to share their music playlist prefe...