SEARCH CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Use this form to search calendar of events by keywords, date, time, county and industry.
|DATE / TIME||EVENTS / INDUSTRY||LOCATION|
|Oct 22, 2015-|
Oct 22, 2015
08:30AM - 10:00AM
|Planned Giving Programs |
Presented by Roy Johnston
Want to tap into a powerful source of funding for your nonprofit, a source that will build the foundation for the future stability? Many nonprofits have regular donors and faithful volunteers who have the financial resources to give significant gifts to the cause. But many are intimidated by the concepts and special language of estate planning and planned giving. This seminar is designed for the development directors, executive directors, board members, and volunteers who would like to understand the basics of a planned giving program, including:
• Why should every adult have a will?
• What’s a trust, and how does it compare to a will?
• What are the different types and levels of incapacity?
• How does incapacity affect planned giving?
• What happens when a death occurs?
• What rights does the nonprofit have as a beneficiary of the estate?
Charitable Giving Through Trusts and Estates:
• When should your donors consider planned giving?
• Lifetime giving, including direct gifts
• Charitable options when your donors have sufficient assets and income
• Charitable options when your donors are concerned about income
• What are dynasty trusts, and how can they include planned giving?
• How can foundations be an option for some families?
Roy is an attorney specializing in estate planning, trust administration, probate, elder abuse, conservatorships, real estate and business. His passion is educating and assisting the elders and their families in putting their legal affairs in order.
Currently in his 19th year of practice, Roy is past chair of the Trusts & Estates Section of the Sonoma County Bar Association and a member of the Trusts & Estates Section of the California State Bar. He is an active volunteer attorney for the Council on Aging, and is active in the Sonoma County Section on Aging and the Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council.
Roy received his Juris Doctorate from Empire College of Law, and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Wyoming. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.johnstonthomas.com
The firestorm was declared fully contained two weeks later on Nov. 6. In that time, nearly 78,000 acres were destroyed; 180,000 people were evacuated (including 300 inmates in the North County jail); ...
On a bend in the Russian River with the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill American Viticulture Areas on its periphery, Healdsburg has much to offer. It’s a magnet for those seeki...
U.S. brick-and-mortar retailers are in retreat. Pier 1 Imports is planning on closing more than 140 stores and Z Gallery is shuttering 44 locations. Sears filed for bankruptcy, joining Gymboree and Pa...